– I read the article on suspender/garter belts and how to avoid stockings from coming down during the day. However simply by wearing longer stockings does not necessarily cure this problem. I have a narrow elastic belt with 4 garters that clip at the back (and I clip them VERY tightly) . It is the belt itself that works itself down during the course of the day. Even if my stockings reach the top of the thighs, they will still be a couple of inches lower later in the day. Any other solutions?
– Well, it could be that you have the tension pulled so tightly on the garters as to begin the process of having the belt begin to pull. I have learned that garters don’t need to be pulled all that tight, in order for the stockings to stay up. This is opposed to an open bottom girdle, which needs the tension to keep the girdle from creeping up…
I also found that when I was wearing one of those flimsy lacy garterbelts the pull of the stockings was too much for them. Since I have switched to a pull-on style belt made of Lycra and cotton, no more problem.
And one mention about the stockings themselves: I wear the old-style RHTs with virtually no give. They still tend to ride down a little bit over the course of the day. When I am visiting the rest room I give them a little smoothing to pull and excess which may have made it’s way down to my shoe. (This is one reason why I undo my stockings when I am answering the call. Perfect time to take care of this! )
– The top of the belt i.e. the body, should be non-stretch and preferably more cotton then synthetics. It should be sitting comfortably over the hip and once in place, there should be no real need to adjust it. The straps have to be long enough to reach to wherever you find it comfortable to attach the stockings.
I normally take a little extra care when putting on the stockings in order to ensure that everything lines up, the attachments feel correct and that nothing moves or pulls around.
Remember it is the straps that hold the stockings in position, and they do not necessarily have to apply huge amounts of upward pull.
If this happens then it means that the stockings are too short, and more then likely will be uncomfortable and will require constant tugging and pulling.
– You have too much tension on the suspenders. There should be some slack so they keep up when you stand and the stockings then won’t pull the belt down when you bend or sit down. Even if you have a flimsy narrow elastic belt, this should work. If you are at work, the next time you are on the toilet, take time to adjust the suspenders while you are sitting – you will be able to feel the tension at the back. Make sure you wear the belt above your waist. Having said that, stockings WILL come down somewhat during the day so adjust them in private moments.
– The best solution is a wide, pull on garterbelt with the rear garters well to the back.
They are very comfortable, stay in place, and garter the stockings tautly. Unlike some other responses, I prefer good tension on my garters. I love the gentle leg massage that comes with every step when the stockings are fastened tautly.
– I have worn open bottomed girdles on and off for many years. They always stay up and certainly don’t work their way down plus they do a wonderful job of shaping. If you haven’t had experience of them before, here are some things to look out for which may cause you problems:
- If your skirt is tight-ish, open bottomed girdles produce an unsightly girdle line. Always wear loose skirts.
- The only way to go to the bathroom is to roll the girdle down. If you are even slightly sweaty, this is quite difficult. Many women decide not to wear underwear for this reason.
- All girdles make you very hot especially when the weather is warm. In the summer I really only wear them to formal occasions indoors where there is air conditioning.
I’m a closet guy who has worn stockings and garters under his business wear for decades. I wear a deep six strap belt with the rear garters all the way back, and wide welt nude or light beige stockings with normal men’s socks over the stockings. I’ve always liked my garters to be nice and tight as that maximizes the gentle thigh massage of my stockings, and tiny motion of my garter straps as I move about. Putting on my stockings in the morning before going to work starts the day off right. I fondle the straps and garters thruout the day. When I get home from work, I put on a tiny miniskirt that leaves my garters exposed for the rest of the day. Sometimes I even wear my stockings and garters to bed.